List Of Valid ID’s In The Philippines And How To Get Them

In the Philippines, it’s crucial to have a valid ID in order to transact with both private and public offices. To be able to do things like apply for a job, open a bank account, loaning from banks, most institutions need at least one valid ID or two.

Here’s a list of information about valid ID’s in the Philippines and how to acquire them:

1.) National ID

In the Philippines, the National ID is recognized as legal identification. Applying for a Phil ID can be done online at Go to your designated registration facility after making an appointment to finish the national ID application procedure. Photocopies of your PSA-issued Birth Certificate and any valid government-issued ID will be required.

The National ID also replaces the Voter’s ID, which is also a government issued valid ID by the COMELEC.

Where to get: Philippine Identification System website
Validity: Lifetime validity
Fee: Free

2.) Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID)

The Social Security System (SSS) issues the Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID), a four-in-one identification card. You must first be an SSS member with at least one posted contribution in order to be eligible for an application for an SSS UMID card. It also functions as a GSIS, PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG ID. When applying, you need to provide your filled UMID application form and a photocopy of one valid government issued ID.

Where to get: SSS
Validity: Lifetime validity
Fee: Free

3.) Driver’s License

There are three different kinds of driver’s licenses: student’s license permit, non-professional, and professional. You must first have a student’s license permit before you can apply for either a non-professional or professional license. These three licenses are issued by the Land Transportation Office (LTO). You may get your license at a local LTO office or online through the Land Transportation Management System (LTMS) portal.

Where to get: Land Transportation Office
Validity: Student’s license permit – 1 year; Non-professional – 3 years; Professional – 5 to 10 years.
*Student Permit – ₱317.63
*Non-Professional – ₱685
*Professional: ₱685

4.) Passport

To request a passport, you must make an appointment through the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) website. Only online appointment booking is available. You must make an in-person appearance at your preferred consular office, where you must also bring the necessary paperwork. To avoid delays and inconveniences, make an appointment well in advance of your trip. Prefferrably months in advance.

Where to get: Department of Foreign Affairs
Validity: Good for 10 Years
Fee: ₱950

5.) NBI Clearance

An NBI Clearance is not provided in ID form, rather it is a document that proves you are not involved in any criminal activity in the country. Institutions will accept it as a valid ID since it also proves the owner’s identity. It can be only used for as long as it is still within its validity period. It’s commonly required by employers, both local and abroad, for pre-preemployment purposes. Your biometrics such as your finger prints and facial recognition will be part of the data collected from you when applying for an NBI Clearance.

Where to get: National Bureau of Investigation or it’s satellite offices
Validity: Good for 1 Year
Fee: ₱130

6.) Postal ID

You will need to provide a duly-accomplished Postal ID application form with proof of identity and address. You may use any valid or company ID and bills that have your name and address on it.

Where to get: PHLPost – Postal Office
Validity: Good for 3 Years
Fee: ₱504

7.) PhilHealth ID

Philhealth is a health insurance corporation which you’ll need to be a member first before you can get an ID. You can either apply for membership yourself or have your HR process your membership if you are employed in a company. You will need to submit these requirements: 2 accomplished copies of the PhilHealth Member Registration Form, 2 latest 1×1 ID pictures, a photocopy of your PSA Birth Certificate. If you don’t have a birth certificate, 2 valid ID’s will do.

Where to get: PhilHealth
Validity: Lifetime validity
Fee: Free

8.) TIN ID

A Tax Identification Number ID or TIN ID is acquired through any Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) office after submitting their requirements. You’ll need to provide the accomplished BIR Forms 1902 or 1904, PSA Birth Certificate, one valid government issued ID, and you marriage certificate if married.

Where to get: Bureau of Internal Revenue
Validity: Lifetime validity
Fee: Free

9.) PRC ID

PRC IDs, which are issued by the Professional Regulation Commission, are used as identification and as a license to practice as a professional, such as an engineer, an accountant, or a medical practitioner. Consequently, you must be a graduate or degree holder from a school, college, or university that has government recognition and pass the professional licensing exam before receiving a PRC ID. Additionally, you cannot have any criminal convictions, especially those for moral turpitude.

Prior to visiting your chosen PRC branch to submit your ID application, you must make an online appointment using the PRC LERIS website.

Through the PRC Licensure Examination & Registration Information System, you must first register an account (LERIS). Prepare the following items before registering for an account: Personal information, school details such as CPD units earned, ID picture in JPEG format, Valid ID.

A printed Oath Form (Downloadable from PRC Online Services), Two passport-sized pictures with your full name tag, Two sets of metered documentary stamps, Community Tax Certificate or Cedula, must be personally submitted during your appointment time once your account has been registered. The payments of fees can be made online during the application process.

Where to get: PRC Licensure Examination & Registration Information System
Validity: Good for 3 years
*Professional Baccalaureate Degrees holders – ₱600
*Professional Non-baccalaureate Degrees holders – ₱450
*Medical practitioners and real estate brokers/salespersons – ₱300

10.) Senior Citizen ID

A Senior Citizen ID allows seniors get a 20% discount on fast food restaurants, shopping stores, pharmacies, public utility vehicles and transit, health care services, as well as free admissions to some leisurely activities like cinemas. To obtain one, simply visit the office of senior citizen affairs in your city and apply for one. You will be asked for a birth certificate and valid ID’s which can prove that you are of age 60 or up. Proof of residency such as bills with your address will also be required.

Where to get: City Hall / Municipal Office
Validity: Lifetime validity
Fee: Free

11.) OWWA OFW e-Card

To help OFW’s with banking and government-related transactions, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) advises Overseas Filipino Workers to obtain an OFW ID called the OWWA OFW e-Card.

Create an account on the DOLE website and apply for an OFW ID. You will then need to provide your Overseas Employment Certificate with 2 valid ID’s. You can choose whether to pick up at a branch or have your ID delivered to you.

Where to get: DOLE website
Validity: Lifetime validity
Fee: Free

12.) PWD ID

The PWD ID is given to persons with disabilities and comes with privileges and benefits as guaranteed by the law. Some requirements may include a valid government-issued ID, two 1×1 ID pictures, and a medical certificate.

Where to get: Persons with Disability Office or City Hall / Municipal Office
Validity: Lifetime validity
Fee: Free

Facebook Comments