Perhaps the thing that I’m mostly insecure about myself is my body odor. I bathe myself 2-3 times a day. After a few hours from taking a bath, I’ll start smelling like onions. Not to mention, I move a lot and so I sweat a lot. And this may lead to embarrassing moments. That’s why I’ve tried many deodorants and antiperspirants to see which ones work the best for me and I want to tell you my favorite of them all.
Nivea Men: ‘Fresh Active’
I’ve stayed away from using stick and roll-on deodorants, because they usually have a sticky component that just creates a mess on shirts. I’ve thrown away many of these shirts and I have moved away from using the same brands that has caused this. I’ve also stopped using antiperspirant sprays because I find that they have the same problem and so I am very meticulous on picking something that is labeled with “deodorant” and not “antiperspirant”. One of the best deodorant sprays that didn’t give me this issue is Nivea Men’s ‘Fresh Active’.
- It’s affordable. It’s more or less Php200.
- Doesn’t leave stains on shirt.
- Easy to wash off from shirts in laundry.
- Easy to rinse off from body when bathing.
- One spray in the morning can last me the whole day.
- Clear and no sticky “white stuff” hanging on my armpit hair.
- Unlike sticks and roll-on deodorants, you don’t have to worry about misplacing the cover caps since it’s in a spray-on canister with a locking mechanism.
- Might sting your armpits sometimes upon spraying.
- Not available in convenience stores like 7-11 (in Metro Manila). You can mostly find this in supermarkets and Watson’s.
- Does not prevent your armpits from sweating since this is only a deodorant and not an antiperspirant.
- 1 canister only lasts for about 2 weeks or less.
- The scent is a bit strong especially when you’ve sprayed a lot. So you might not be able to wear another perfume. Otherwise both scents would just be toppling and mixing with each other.
All-in-all it’s a good deodorant that I haven’t had any problems with. Although I do wish that Nivea would make more spray-on deodorant scents other that “Fresh Active” and bigger canisters that would last longer than 2 weeks.